CloudPublish is a white-label ebook and ejournal publishing platform.
Recently launched, it is already used by some of the biggest names in publishing, and growing fast.
We are therefore seeking to recruit up to two developers with all-round web development skills, focusing on back-end.
Job Role: Senior DevOps Engineer
Experience working on a large, distributed piece of software with multiple APIs (as distinct from small standalone websites) will be a great advantage, and experience with academic publishing and knowledge of library technologies and jargon would also be beneficial.
Candidates must have excellent knowledge of the following:
- Object-oriented programming in general
- Advanced, fluent object-oriented PHP specifically
- Linux (sysadmin / DevOps experience is essential)
- Apache (administration, config, SSL)
- MySQL (incl. performance tuning and AWS Aurora)
- AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, CloudSearch)
- XML (handling large XML data transfers with multiple schemas, also XSL transforms)
- Source code control through Git, management and backups of Git repositories
- Connection / authentication with, and use of, REST APIs with JSON input and output and HTTP headers
Knowledge of the following would be highly beneficial, ranked in descending order of importance:
- Identity/access management systems such as OAuth, Shibboleth, etc.
- Performance tuning of web services, scalability, load balancing
- Serverless technologies and microservices
- At least one CSS framework (e.g. Semantic), and LESS, SCSS, etc.
- HTML and CSS in responsive designs
We do not have a specific personal background in mind, nor do we require specific qualifications.
We are looking for new team-members who are interested in helping a highly technical small business grow, and the successful candidate will therefore be self-reliant, self-motivated, with good initiative and a sound common sense approach to problem-solving. There will be frequent contact with our clients (and occasional travel), and therefore candidates must be well-presented and articulate, and able to communicate technical information clearly to potentially non-technical people with a patient, friendly, and professional demeanour.
Candidates must be permanently resident in the UK, and must also either be a UK National or have unrestricted permission to work in the United Kingdom.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV (in PDF or plain text format only) and a covering email to:
hr [at] cloudpublish.co.uk
Assessment will be by technical test followed (if successful) by interview.
** No agencies please, except by invitation **